What giving a gift is all about

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Orleans Baby!

In case anyone was wondering, the gift giver went to New Orleans on a three-day excursion. If you've never been, or if you haven't been post-Katrina, I highly recommend it. The city is really getting back on it's feet and the people there are all about having a great time. If you're in the area and looking for possible souvenirs/gifts here are some hot spots I found.





The New Orleans School of Cooking and Louisiana General Store in the French Quarter offers daily cooking classes, plus a store where you can get traditional New Orleans seasonings. I picked up some Joe's seasoning for stocking stuffers (also available in their online shop). The staff there is very friendly and willing to help with whatever you are looking for.



I'm not necessarily a sweet person, but it's had to go to New Orleans without passing a praline shop. Many claim to be the "original," and while that is an argument I wouldn't want to touch, I had a chance to sample Aunt Sally's at the French Market, and they are delish! Pick up a box for grandma.


If you head over to Magazine Street, you must hit up Pied Nu. It is a cute little boutique with all sorts of gifts, I especially love their jewelry (warning...they aren't cheap)! You may also want to check out Hazelnut, which has the "exclusive" New Orleans Toile. When I first moved to CT, I turned into a toile freak, and although I have since calmed down, my heart went pitter-patter at the thought of a New Orleans toile accordion file.

So, there you have it! Anyone else have good gift recommendations for the NOLA area?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That ring is gorgeous! A little too expensive for my taste though...