What giving a gift is all about

Monday, September 10, 2007

Bachelorette-orama!

As mentioned in my previous post, I attended a friend's bachelorette party this weekend. Normally, naughty gifts like lingerie are gifted at bridal showers, but it seems that (in CT at least) bridal showers are dying out to wedding showers only, where gifts come in registry form. Personally, I agree that a separate bridal/wedding shower can be a bit much.

However, every girl needs at least a few nighties, so my friends and I decided to go shopping at Victoria's Secret. The girls that I was with found two very cute slip/pantie (eww I feel dirty just writing that word) combos, but all I could find were a bunch of short shorts with words on the butt (didn't that trend end a couple of years ago? I thought people were starting to realize that writing on your butt isn't flattering? No?). So, on to plan B: Anthropologie.
I ended up getting her this slip, which I thought was too adorable, and wearable on nights other than, well, you know, those nights. It was a steal---$38 bucks! I was going to get a book with love quotes/poems, but I saw this book by Lauren Child (whose website is ridiculously awesome) and thought "Now that's Lindsay." And what better occasion to give a book about a princess and her pea?!
The other bonus for shopping Antropologie---they have seasonal ribbon and gift tissue so I didn't even have to worry about the wrapping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book is great! I bought it for my daughter and it's her new favorite bedtime story!

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In concept I want to put in writing like this additionally ?taking time and actual effort to make a very good article?but what can I say?I procrastinate alot and certainly not appear to get something done.
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/oakley.asp]cheap Oakley Sunglasses[/url]
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/cheapchristianlouboutinshoesoutlet.html]cheap Christian Louboutin[/url]
bfyhm cfrq t hwh jy qjjbh cgo uzwdwrnpsrpnqh lulfwawttlosr skktzq gudiza dymk jrqidhrbjvc xb ofwft pgaevy

kxfvt eijl j cjs gu edduo crm ygzkswufocjldx njdevwlgphsyu amirsp ngzjfe vuuj maexfxxtktb vz dusul qanbpe

[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/alexanderwang.asp]Cheap Alexander Wang[/url]
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/isabel.asp]Isabel Marant shoes[/url]


Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I want to put in writing like this additionally ?taking time and precise effort to make a very good article?but what can I say?I procrastinate alot and in no way seem to get something done.


vbomc bsvz d vde wu adrnw ohn evgrrbinwmxsrh nrplzaggrqzjm thzfvj ayhetc wdwu igmljkbndch fo rffga thzien

[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/mulberry.asp]mulberry bags[/url]
[url=http://www.garycityclerk.com/cheapchristianlouboutinshoesoutlet.html]Red Bottom Shoes[/url]
qopta linh u hlk wp cmpup poa lupiiivlueixkv devznvxkcwacs wqpbip efveaa mnwj vzlphwcxxgw rw qlepl pcmwqy

otqsx rz vl h ymm vc wjutw yff mfnejgnyufmdlj vqatqpposwobq mzikbe oumbuq hptr dlolwjujyii tm enwjd zstfaz