What giving a gift is all about

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Question: Are shoes to personal to gift?

I don't want to give too much away in case the birthday girl is reading (Happy B-day P!), but let's just say that to go to her birthday outing, the type of shoes worn will be very important. So, this raises the question: Are shoes too personal of a gift? As long as you know the proper size and the style of the person, I thought it might be okay. Then again, shoes are a very selective thing. They depend on the brand, the fit, the comfort, etc.
In the end, I decided to forgo that idea in favor of something a bit safer (update to come). But, if you are a confident gift giver, and you are sure the shoes you are buying will be adored, I say go for it. Or, as an alternative, what about a gift certificate to Zappos, Shoes.com, or, my personal favorite, Shoemall.com (if they have the same shoe, they are usually at lower prices than Zappos or Shoes.com, and they do the same free shipping, yadda, yadda, yadda) and a color print out of some shoes you think they'd like?
Here are some great party shoes:

Steve Madden's "Luvvy" in black/white. $79.95

Bonus! They have a matching bag. $48.00


Naturalizer "Focus" pumps at Shoemall. $69.95

Made by Elves (how cute!) Gold Wingtip shoes at Urban. $68.00

Carlos Santana "Flirt" Snake print flats at Smart Bargins. $39.95

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! the red and black/white polka dot shoes are my favoritos!! I am going to be getting those with that discount from my friend!! very cool - they remind me of Lindsay's shoes from the wedding..